Zafira-Forum.de

Um alle Funktionen des Forums nutzen zu können, legen Sie ein kostenloses Benutzerkonto an, bzw. melden Sie sich in ihrem bestehenden Account an.

Extralicht für Zafira Tourer

CSAero

Forumsneuling
"Danke"
Zafira Modell
Tourer
Motor (C)
B20DTH
Getriebe
6Gang Autom.
Ich muss alles in Englisch schreiben, dass ist noch zu zwehr für mich auf Deutsch zu schreiben...

I hope you guys understand, if not, try google translator on just ask me, I'll try to explain :).

As I live in Finland and we have quite long time rather dark and cold, good headlights are needed. My previous cars had good headlights (Saab 9-5, 9-3) and now Zafira with Xenon doesn't make me too happy. I tried to find out if it is possible to add extra long range lights to Zafira with AFL xenon but it was a no go before. Finally I found a solution, and it is CANM8 Cannect Highbeam. It senses from the canbus when you have the highbeam on.

attachment.php

The wiring was tested here in Finland before it could be used. Here is a schema:
From the cannect box to OBD wires
CAN high -> pin 1(green)
CAN low -> pin 4 (black)
+12v -> pin 16 (red/white)
ground -> pin 5 (black)

If the instructions tell something else, just ignore them. This wiring has been tested in Insignia, Mokka and Zafira tourer. All cars were with AFL headlights. The extra wire from the box is for the relay.

I had to find out how to get the relay wire from the cabin to the engine room. I found very good instructions from here written by Helge, but as the wire was so small I tried to find another way. The bonnet opening wire was just perfect. I had to remove the connections from both ends and secure the cabin side with a cord. Then I pulled the cable core out as much as I dared without losing it inside the instrument panel(I had the cord attached to it). Then I taped the wire to the cable core and started to push it back in. I used some silicone vaseline to lubricate the wire before pulling it in/out.

attachment.php

I also had to remove the bonnet wire from the bonnet lock to get the new electric wire pushed far enough that I could remove the tape. Now I had all the wirings needed for extra lights. The rest is just up to you how you want to install the relay, fuse and the lights itself.

I do not know how much extra lights are used in Germany or other European countries, but here it is quite common. I'll post the photo when I have finished my installation.

Anhänge

• IMG_20170129_192051.jpg
    IMG_20170129_192051.jpg
    200,8 KB · Aufrufe: 1.363
  • IMG_20170203_215845.jpg
    IMG_20170203_215845.jpg
    138,3 KB · Aufrufe: 1.090
Zurück
Oben Unten